Committed to Personal Service and Quality for Over 25 Years
403 Main St., Suite 728 * Buffalo, NY 14203 * (716) 880-1960
Contact these members of The Network Title Agency team for additional information:
- If I am selling, what will I need to do?
One of your obligations as the seller of your property is to provide the buyer with an updated title search. Whether or not you choose to use Network Title Agency of New York, you will need to find your original search so it can be updated.
- What is a “Search” and/or “Abstract”?
A title search or abstract (also sometimes referred to as an “abstract of title”) details a property’s history of ownership. A typical search consists of numerous pages of legal sized (8 ½ x 14) paper to which a heavy colored cover has been attached.
There are many different kinds of searches.
- Continuation or “con” is an update of an already existing search.
- Full Search is a search which starts with a Deed prior to 1811 and runs to the present day.
- 1920’s Full is a search which starts with a Deed prior to 1920 and runs to the present day. This is the type of search typically required by the Contract of Sale in Erie County.
- Last Owner or “stub” is a search which starts with a specific Deed, usually the Deed of the current owner, and runs to the present day. This type of search is typically used on condominium deals.
- What is a Survey?
A survey is an engineer’s or surveyor’s drawn opinion of the property lines, the boundary measurements and the structural improvements located thereon.
NOTE: Surveys must be prepared by and ordered with a Licensed Land Surveyor. Network Title Agency does not prepare or order surveys.
- What is Title Insurance?
We issue Mortgage/Lenders policies and Fee/Owner’s policies.
Mortgage policies cover only the mortgage holder/lender. If there is a flaw in the title that results in a loss, the mortgage holder/lender only will be protected against loss or damages up to the amount of the policy. The mortgage policy is required by most institutional lenders.
Fee/Owner’s Policies cover the homeowner, against a loss that may occur from a flaw in the title to their ownership or interest in the property. The Fee/Owner’s policy covers the homeowner for loss or damages up to the amount of the policy. The Fee/Owner policy is not required but is strongly recommended to protect the interests of the homeowner.
- Why should I use Network Title Agency?
A seller who has listed their property with HUNT Real Estate receives an exclusive discount off our normal search update charges.
If the sale does not close for any reason, no cost is incurred.
Having Network Title Agency update the search gives you, the agent, control of the transaction.
- Why should I use a Legal Plan Attorney?
The Legal Plan Attorneys are an elite group of attorneys hand selected to participate in the plan because of their expertise in the real estate market. Having Legal Plan Attorneys on all sides of your deal will give you more control over the time from contract to closing.
- Who do I call with questions?
Feel free to call Michelle Molisani at 716-818-3232 or Mike Vimmerstedt, President, at 716-880-1965 with any questions you may have.
Mary Ellen Wyszynski
||Ann Marie Balsano